Job opportunity in the Northern Territory: Coordinator for the NT Protect Country Alliance
Frack Free NT and the newly expanded NT Protect Country Alliance are seeking an experienced campaigner to coordinate the growing national campaign to protect the NT from fracking gasfields.
The role will help all of the groups involved to work collaboratively together, highlight the impacts of fracking the NT on water and climate change. It will build corporate and political pressure, whilst supporting grassroots organising efforts.
The campaign is at a pivotal moment. This new position is being created to guide the next vital phase of the work to protect the Territory from fracking gasfields.
The role and responsibilities:
· Grow the engagement of groups and individuals across Australia to participate in the NT Frack Free campaign;
· Coordinate and convene the NT Protect Country Alliance monthly meetings, ensuring clear and supported communication channels and broad regional involvement including community members, Traditional Owners and diverse NT sector delegates;
· Oversee the ongoing development of the NT Protect Country Alliance campaign strategy, assisting all alliance groups feeding into the plan;
· Actively engage in policy reforms implementing NT Fracking Inquiry recommendations to maximise environmental protections and regulatory rigour;
· Engage actively in media and with decision makers in Darwin and elsewhere as required;
· Drive the push to escalate the NT fracking campaign to a national level;
· Help coordinate corporate campaigns where applicable and the various stakeholder groups engaged;
· Support new and expanding targeted community organising efforts.
The role will ideally be based in Darwin, or based from Katherine or Alice Springs for the right candidate.
The NT Protect Country Alliance includes a range of civil society and environmental groups, community-based organisations and grassroots regional representatives from across the NT. This is an opportunity to join an incredible team working together on one of the most important campaigns in Australia.
The role could be fulfilled as a four day a week (0.8FTE) or full time role, negotiable. Job share options will also be considered for the right candidates. It is a 12 month contract, with a high possibility of extension.
Competitive salary offered with flexibility depending on the experience of the successful candidate.
To find out more, and to submit an application: Please send your CV and a document outlining your relevant experience, demonstrating your ability to undertake each of the above listed role responsibilities to firstname.lastname@example.org. To discuss, please call Lauren, 0413 534 125.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications are due by close of business Monday 17 September 2018.